OneChoice Futures Grant
At OneChoice our goal has been to protect the quality of people’s lives. We do this by providing a range of insurance products and policies, including life insurance and funeral insurance designed to meet the needs of everyday New Zealanders and offer peace of mind at an affordable price.
We know that health for you and your family is only ever as good as the people who are providing it. And we know that finances are a key factor for families as well as insurance products and services. So, with that in mind, we are helping to encourage the best people into the healthcare, business and finance industries by providing the OneChoice Futures Grant.
This Grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2023 Grant are now closed and applications for the 2024 Grant are open until 31 October, 2024.
The value of this Grant is NZD $5,000 (total amount). This amount is paid as a one-off payment to the Winner.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited New Zealand Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Business – including any business-related courses from any institution.
- Finance – including actuarial, statistics, accounting and general finance courses.
- Medicine – including medical and health sciences, surgery and medical research.
- Healthcare – including health and fitness-related specialties, sport sciences, health services assistance and international health.
- Specialist healthcare – including nursing, optometry, dentistry and pharmacy.
- Only citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age to enter.
- Employees and immediate family members including the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling ("Immediate Family Members") of a OneChoice employee are ineligible to enter. Employees, and Immediate Family Members of Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd and Greenstone Financial Services NZ Limited are also ineligible to enter.
- Entrants must abide by the Terms and Conditions for an entry to be deemed eligible.
To apply for the OneChoice Futures Grant, you’ll need to write an essay (maximum 700 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
We’re looking for submissions that reflect a true desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose, just honest and from the heart, so start thinking about the real reasons you’ve chosen the career path you have and then put them into words.
How to apply
All applicants (entrants) must email the following documentation to email@example.com for their submission to be considered:
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 700 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address).
The Winner of the Grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the OneChoice team in their absolute discretion, on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge. The panel for the 2024 Grant will convene from 15 November, 2024.
- 15 February, 2024: Program launched and open for submissions.
- 31 October, 2024: Submissions close.
- 1 December, 2024: Winner to be notified via email and phone (if number is provided).
- 31 January, 2025: Deadline for Winner to supply all supporting documentation.
- 2 February, 2025: Winner announced on the website.
The Winner of the 2024 Grant will be notified by email and phone, with their name published on our website on 2 February, 2025.
Please be aware that if we are unable to get in contact with the Winner within four weeks of our initial contact attempt (on approximately 1 December 2024), that Winner forfeits the Grant, and we will then select another Winner.
If you have any queries regarding the Grant Program or wish to obtain a copy of the terms and conditions for previous Grants, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By participating in this Grant Program you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Grant Program including cooperation with marketing and promotional requests made by The Promoter. See full Terms and Conditions.