At OneChoice our goal has been to protect the quality of people’s lives. We do this by providing insurance products that meet the needs of everyday Kiwis and offer peace of mind at an affordable price.
We know that health for you and your family is only ever as good as the people who are providing it. And we know that finances are a key factor for families as well as insurance products and services. So with that in mind, we are helping to encourage the best people into the healthcare, business and finance industries by providing the OneChoice Futures Grant.
This grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2020 grant are now closed and applications for the 2021 grant are open until October 31, 2021.
The value of this grant is NZD $5,000 (total amount). This amount is paid as a one off payment to the winner.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited New Zealand Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Business – including any business related courses from any institution.
- Finance – including actuarial, statistics, accounting and general finance courses.
- Medicine – including medical and health sciences, surgery and medical research.
- Healthcare – including health and fitness-related specialties, sport sciences, health services assistance and international health.
- Specialist healthcare – including nursing, optometry, dentistry and pharmacy.
- Only citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age to enter.
- Employees and immediate family members including the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling ("Immediate Family Members") of a OneChoice employee are ineligible to enter. Employees, and Immediate Family Members of Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd and Greenstone Financial Services NZ Limited are also ineligible to enter.
To apply for the OneChoice Futures Grant, you will need to write an essay (maximum 700 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
We are looking for submissions that reflect a OneChoice desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose, just honest and from the heart, so start thinking about the OneChoice reasons you have chosen the career path you have and then put them into words.
How to apply
All applicants must email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 700 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address).
The winner of the grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the OneChoice Insurance team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge. The panel for grant will convene from November 15, 2021.
The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2022. Winner of the 2020 grant will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2021.
See full Terms and Conditions.